WTVG 13abc is now accepting applications for the position of news producer. Candidates must be interested in crafting compelling newscasts using creative storytelling.
and must demonstrate exceptional writing and organizational skills. News producers are responsible for crafting newscasts that showcase stories and other relevant material for viewers in Northwest Ohio and Southeast Michigan.
News producers are required to make editorial decisions and work with anchors, reporters and a technical team under the direct supervision of the executive producer.
The position requires the ability to work under pressure and strict deadlines. Ideal applicant must be able to write accurate scripts, create graphical elements, craft compelling teases, time shows, coordinate field crews and have a strong understanding of the importance of breaking news and last minute developments in big stories.
• Ability to organize compelling, strong, local audience driven content.
• Demonstrated teamwork skills.
• Proven leadership skills, including the ability to manage a team to present relevant, accurate and clean newscasts.
• Must be willing to contribute story ideas and make calls to sources and contacts to develop compelling stories.
• At least one year of television producing experience is preferred.
• Strong writing and editorial skills required.
• Knowledge of current and local events and politics required.
• Must have open availability to assist in breaking news situations at any hour.
• Strong understanding of online content and possess skills to post stories on 13abc and other relevant social media outlets.
If you have a strong sense of journalistic integrity and are looking for mid-market experience, send your resume to email@example.com or mail to Joshua Love, Executive Producer, 4247 Dorr Street, Toledo, OH 43607.
WTVG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
WJRT-TV, ABC12, the number one station in the Flint/Saginaw/Bay City market (#68) is seeking a highly motivated Reporter/Videographer. The successful candidate should be an excellent storyteller who possesses strong writing skills, solid news judgment, and is able to meet deadlines under pressure. Candidate must have the ability to shoot and edit video. Candidates should also have a bachelor's degree in broadcast journalism or a similar degree, as well as a minimum of two years PROFESSIONAL experience. Hours, shifts, responsibilities are flexible and are subject to change at the News Directors discretion. This is a full time position.
If interested, please send resume and demo reel to: Jayne Hodak News Director 2302 Lapeer Road Flint, MI 48503-4281 *******NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE*****
WJRT-TV, SJL Holdings Company and SJL Broadcasting Management, LLC are an equal opportunity Employer.
Set up a Job Alert to be notified when similar jobs are posted.