The Associated Press seeks a Business Assistant for its New York City location.
This position provides administrative and operational support to the SVP-Domestic Revenue and his direct reports. The candidate will assist with the management of various division reports including sales reports, research, proposals and budgets. The business assistant will also provide daily support in a variety of areas, including telephone assistance, database input and maintenance, activity tracking with other departments, research and distribution of sales collateral. This position will also be responsible for assisting with preparation of sales kits and contracts. Post Sales responsibilities will include verification of delivery and also fulfillment for various ad hoc image sales clients. He/she will handle special projects and other duties as assigned. This position will work directly with the SVP of Revenue; dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
Specific duties include:
- Assist in data collection and research for sales projects under the direction of the SVP Revenue, the Americas
- Assist in budget tracking
- Assist with organization of Sales and Executive Meetings, including travel arrangements
- Assist with contract processing and tracking in coordination with sales reps and contract dept.
- Pre and Post-sales support including marketing, wire order and technology coordination
- Organize marketing material for sales teams and assist in the preparation of sales presentations
- Organize monthly reports for Revenue management team
- Work directly with clients on service and contract questions to improve customer satisfaction
- Fulfillment and billing for usage based photo clients
- Perform general administrative duties for the dept.
- Work closely with Human Resources (HR) to provide support and maintenance of Revenue department personnel records, administration of new hire and termination processes and the processing of HR & Payroll related transactions
- Set up and run WebEx presentations
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Strong computer skills, with an emphasis on the Microsoft suite
- Ability to recognize, trouble-shoot, and correct data problems and inconsistencies in sales reports
- Knowledge of reputable broadcast industry sources and websites, such as Comscore, Neilson is a definite plus
- Ability to work accurately in a deadline driven environment
- Operate with a high degree of confidentiality
- Ability to work independently and adhere to deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively across all departments
- Able to communicate effectively and professionally with staff at all levels, vendors and members
- Motivated self- starter
- Detail-oriented, adept at problem-solving and possess strong organizational skills
- Proven ability to multi-task successfully and prioritize work
Advanced-level professional competency in written and spoken English language is required. Authorization to work in the US for any employer is mandatory.
The Associated Press is the essential global news network, delivering fast, unbiased news from every corner of the world to all media platforms and formats. Founded in 1846, AP today is the most trusted source of independent news and information. On any given day, more than half the world's population sees news from AP.
AP seeks to build an inclusive organization grounded in respect for differences. We support all aspects of diversity and provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or status as a veteran in accordance with applicable nondiscrimination laws.